Plashet Update 31.12.20
Dear Plashet parents, carers and girls,
The Secretary of State for Education, Gavin Williamson, yesterday announced new plans to protect education and fight the virus. With case and death rates rising across the country, the government is now applying the contingency framework for education and pushing back the staggered return for secondary schools by one week.
This is how the next few weeks will work at Plashet:
1. Learning will take place online for all year groups in the week beginning Monday 4th January. Students should follow their timetables (it is a Week B) and log-on to Google Classroom. If students are not interacting with online lesson resources and not completing what is expected, parents/carers will be contacted.
2. In the week beginning Monday 11th January, students in Year 11 will be required to attend school as usual. Years 7 to 10 will have a second week of online learning.
3. School will resume as normal for all year groups on Monday 18th January 2021. However, this is subject to review of the Contingency Framework by the government which will happen, I am told, prior to 18th January.
4. We will have a small amount of on-site provision in operation for some eligible students if their parents/carers wish them to be in school because they can not be safely cared for at home. This on-site provision will be for those students who have an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP), those students who are looked after, those students who have a designated social worker and any student who has a parent who is a key worker that can not safely study at home. If your daughter is in any of these categories please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st January at the latest to request an on-site place. It is important that you state what your job is and who you work for please if you are a key worker.
5. For all students in receipt of free school meals we will issue a evoucher for the week beginning Monday 4th January via our provider Wonde to parents as we have done previously. For those students in Years 7 to 10 another voucher will be issued for the week beginning 11th January.
It is worth emphasising that these decisions follow on from the latest government guidance. This remains subject to change at very short notice, and so these are in effect provisional arrangements. If there are any further changes I will update you.
I wish you all a safe end to 2020 and feel we must all look forward into 2021 with hope and positivity.
Mrs Rachel McGowan