Plashet School’s Pupil Admission Number of PAN is 300.
For more information on finding a school place in Newham please visit the schools section of Newham website or use the document links below.
Admission for entry from September 2018 (2018/19 academic year)
- Determined Admission Arrangements for entry from September 2019
- Oversubscription criteria – how we offer school places:
- Following the formal consultation between 5 December 2017 and 31 January 2018 and subsequent Council agreement our admission arrangements for entry into school from September 2019 have been formally determined.The main changes for 2019 are:
- A single document for infant, junior, primary and secondary schools.
- Removal of catchment areas and the associated catchment area priority for infant, junior and primary schools. Introduced to remove a barrier to admission at the most geographically local schools, due to the local set historic boundaries of a catchment areas.
- Inclusion of ‘School staff children’ as an oversubscription priority group. This is to assist local schools in recruiting and retaining staff by prioritising admission of staff children to their schools and will help ensure we have no barriers to recruitment especially where there is a demonstrable skills shortage, such as maths and science.
- Inclusion of ‘Service children’ as an oversubscription priority group. To complement the council’s Cabinet approved housing allocations policy we are prioritising Service children whose parent/carers have or are serving the country.
Other useful websites
- UK https://www.gov.uk/schools-admissions
- LB Newham School Fact Finder http://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Schools-Directory.aspx
- Ace Education – Independent Advice for Parents and Carers http://www.ace-ed.org.uk
- Starting Secondary School
- Secondary School Open Days
- eAdmissions Portal