Plashet is a high-achieving school where there are excellent relationships between staff and students. Students are keen to learn and staff are able to teach creatively to meet the needs of all students. The Core Purpose of Plashet School is to create an inclusive community of successful learners. This is achieved through the following aims:
- To ensure a high quality education for our students through the effective use of resources.
- To provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum within a stimulating environment.
- To ensure all students have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential in all aspects of their development.
- To prepare our students for the challenge of life in a complex and changing society.
- To generate a sense of ownership of the school by valuing contributions from all members of the school community.
Term Dates 2017-2018
Tue 5th Sep – Wed 20th Dec
Half Term: Mon 23rd Oct – Fri 27th Oct
Thu 4th Jan – Thu 29th Mar
Half Term: Mon 12th Feb – Fri 16th Feb
Mon 16th Apr – Fri 20th Jul
Half Term: Mon 28th May – Fri 1st Jun
Plashet Calendar Dates 2017-18
Orange = Public Holidays
Purple = Possible Eid Days
Green = Staff Inset
Buff = School Holidays
Timings of the School Day
|8.50 - 9.00 am||Registration|
|9.00 - 9.15 am||Assembly/Tutor Time|
|9.15 - 10.15 am||Lesson 1|
|10.15 - 10.35 am||Break time|
|10.35 - 11.35 am||Lesson 2|
|11.35 am - 12.35 pm||Lesson 3|
|12.35 - 1.35 pm||Lunchtime|
|1.35 - 2.35 pm||Lesson 4|
|2.35 - 3.35 pm||Lesson 5|
|3.35 pm||End of school day|
End of the School Day
Students are expected to leave the premises quickly and sensibly and are supervised by members of staff who are at the school gate. Parents/Carers who meet their daughters are asked to take particular care if they come by car. The school grounds are not open to parents/carers for waiting or parking as they are not big enough and parking is not allowed immediately outside the school gates. We would ask parents not to park on the double yellow lines as this causes great disruption to the flow of traffic in Plashet Grove and is in direct contravention of the law.
School Direct Vacancies 2017-18
Plashet School has a successful training partnership with Partnership London SCITT. PLS is a partnership between two existing teaching school alliances (Partnership Learning Teaching School Alliance & East London Teaching School Alliance).
In choosing to train at Plashet, you will be trained by outstanding practicing teachers in a highly academic school environment. Last summer 33% of all grades were A*, A, 7, 8 or 9, our Progress 8 Score: +0.90, our Attainment 8 Score: 53.41 and 74% of students achieving standard pass 4+ in English & Maths. Our 2017 results places us in the top 3% of schools nationally.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girls’ school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results rated Outstanding by Ofsted since 1999.
- Highly-motivated and well-behaved students; supportive parents; excellent teaching; and a caring school ethos that embraces the cultural, religious and ethnic diversity of its students.
- An Outstanding Initial Teacher Training programme including a dedicated team of highly qualified Specialist Leaders in Education and Lead Subject Practitioners.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, our learning as our students.
In 2008, after an outstanding Ofsted report, we were subsequently part of an Ofsted research report, “Twelve Outstanding Schools: Excelling Against the Odds.” Needless to say, the school is highly regarded by the local community and heavily over-subscribed.
In partnership with PLS, our school-centred course will give you the best foundations for learning in an outstanding school: the theory, the practice, the professional development and an extended placement with colleagues who have the knowledge & skills to support you in becoming a successful teacher.