Our School’s Purpose is…
To inspire confident learners who will thrive in a changing world. We continue to hold dear our school motto ‘Working together to promote and celebrate achievement’. Plashet School is committed to providing positive opportunities for learning and
development within a caring and inclusive environment, enabling students to achieve their best. We aim to ensure our learners are happy and successful.
Our Vision of Plashet School in 2016
In 2016 Plashet School will be a truly learning centred school that strives to nurture the creative talents of all its learners. All its systems will be designed to meet its core purpose, to inspire confident learners who will thrive in a changing world. We will have the flexibility in terms of staffing, timetabling, technology and physical resources to deliver a personalised provision for our learners that they help co-construct with expert staff. We will develop a range of learning and personal skills in our learners that enable them to think independently. A broad global view will permeate the curriculum and the effective use of ICT will underpin all the school’s systems. We will use the best of modern technology to inspire learning and all future decisions about new buildings will have the flexible and sustainable delivery of our provision as the guiding design principle.
In 2016 Plashet School will be a healthy, happy school where our pastoral system ensures that everyone feels safe to learn. We will be at the heart of the local community, helping meet the diverse needs of learners, with the support of all our stakeholders, especially parents. Our school will be rooted proudly in its highly successful past but will be dynamic and forward looking; it will be somewhere that remembers to enjoy the experience of today. We will have a school where everyone has a clear sense of where they are now in their school careers, where they would like to go and how they are going to get there. We will ensure that all teaching & learning is informed by our own best practice, and we will be able to take innovative risks with
In 2016 Plashet School learners will be aware of how personal and political decisions affect the future of the environment and of their responsibility to help sustain the planet. We will be a civilised community that will have a civilising influence on all of us, and positive personal relationships will be a central feature of our school. People acknowledge the fallibility of the human condition and have the imagination to understand how their actions will impact upon, and be perceived by those they affect. We will continue to value: Respect; Honesty and Kindness, and have a belief in the limitless potential of people. All the school’s diverse communities will have a shared vision of the school and will be united by our school purpose, the nub of which will continue to be to inspire learners, and equip them with the skills, confidence and qualifications required to thrive in a changing world.
Overview of General Success Measures 2013-16
- Our strategies will ensure that the headline Key Stage 4 national success measures place us in the top rank of schools in the country.
- We will see our students achieve our overall progress targets.
- Our Family of Schools developments will ensure that our transition process builds securely upon our students’ primary school experience of learning and pedagogy.
- Our Family of Schools developments will ensure that our information, advice and guidance support processes enable our learners to progress to the most appropriate Post-16 provider locally.
- Our Key Stage 3 students will continue to thrive as a result of their curriculum experience making them increasingly
independent, engaged and motivated to succeed as they move into Year 10.
- Our school-wide coaching programme will raise the quality of teaching to ensure the vast majority of students make rapid progress and staff exude confidence in the classroom.
- Our students will continue to have a healthy attitude to reading.
- Numbers will be a genuine source of fascination as we continue to raise students’ numeracy skills.
- We will have a school where our values of respect, honesty and kindness permeate everything we do.