Dear Parent/Carer and Year 7 Designate,
We are so pleased that you are joining us in September 2022.
You should have returned all of your admission paperwork to us at an Admission Meeting and you will have received information about our Induction Day.
Year 7 Designate will join us for 8.50am on Thursday 7th July 2022 on the North playground, on Plashet Grove. They should remember to bring a pencil case, snacks for Break and a water bottle. Students do not have to be in uniform for this day, nor do they require a PE kit. We will provide all students with lunch, but politely remind families that Free School Meals is not guaranteed at Secondary School. Families are able to apply for Free School Meals via the Newham Borough website. In September, Year 7 will need to utilise their cashless catering cards for Break snacks or lunch, so it would be useful if parents/carers familiarise themselves with how ParentMail (our online payment system) works.
Students will be spending time with their Tutor and their Tutor Group. They will also get to know the site a little better and experience taster sessions in some of the subjects we offer at Plashet.
Parents/carers should be aware that Year 7 Designate students will be released at an earlier time of 3pm. Students will leave from the North playground gate on Plashet Grove and we ask that parents wait on the opposite pavement to ease congestion and allow flow of movement along the pavement. We would also remind parents that driving should be avoided, as Plashet Grove is both a busy road and on several bus routes, so there is no parking available.
You will receive information about our online payment portal – IRIS ParentMail. It is crucial that you set up your account (using the mobile phone and email address you provided on your daughter’s admission forms) before Monday 5th September. If your daughter is purchasing lunch or snacks at Break, she will need to have her cashless card topped up by you prior to her starting school. If you have applied for Free School Meals from Newham Borough and successfully qualify, your daughter’s meal allowance will be electronically paid onto her cashless card, so she will use the card at Lunch.
We are a cashless site, so any trips and visits will be launched through our online payment portal.
When you join us on Monday 5th September you should be in full school uniform.
- Dark navy blue school jumper or cardigan with school badge. (available from Fashion Stop or Ian Howard)
- White school blouse (long or short sleeve)
- Dark Navy blue school trouser
- Dark Navy blue school skirt
- Black formal school shoe (NOT boots )
- Tights or socks (plain and of an appropriate colour)
- Optional – dark Navy blue headscarf bought from school
- Optional – dark Navy blue Jilbab (navy blue leggings to be worn underneath)
- Optional – dark Navy blue Shalwar Kameez
Students are not permitted to wear hooded tops or trainers to school.
A coat or jacket is needed to wear to and from school. The coat or jacket should not be denim or be made from denim-like material, nor have large logos on it.
Students are allowed to wear small studs or sleepers, a wristwatch and one bangle or chain of religious significance. There is no school insurance to cover the loss of valuable items brought to school. All jewellery should be removed for PE.
- School light blue polo shirt with badge (available from Fashion Stop or Ian Howard)
- Black leggings or black joggers
- Black zip up shell jacket with school badge (available from Fashion Stop or Ian Howard)
- White sports socks
- Sports trainers NOT plimsolls
- Optional – Black headscarf
- Optional – Black shorts
Please access a presentation regarding our expectations here