Plashet is a high-achieving school where there are excellent relationships between staff and students. Students are keen to learn and staff are able to teach creatively to meet the needs of all students. The Core Purpose of Plashet School is to create an inclusive community of successful learners. This is achieved through the following aims:
- To ensure a high quality education for our students through the effective use of resources.
- To provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum within a stimulating environment.
- To ensure all students have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential in all aspects of their development.
- To prepare our students for the challenge of life in a complex and changing society.
- To generate a sense of ownership of the school by valuing contributions from all members of the school community.
Term Dates 2022-2023
Mon 5th Sept – Wed 21st Dec
Half Term: Sat 22nd Oct – Sun 30th Oct
Thurs 5th Jan – Fri 31st Mar
Half Term: Sat 11th Feb – Sun 19th Feb
Mon 17th Apr – Thurs 20th Jul
Half Term: Sat 27th May – Sun 4th June
Access the 2022-23 calendar here
Red = Public Holidays
Green = Staff Inset
Grey = School Holidays
Blue = School Days
Yellow = Weekends
Pink = Eid-Ul-Fitr
Timings of the School Day
|8.30 am||Arrival to site for all students|
|8.50 am - 9.15 am||Registration|
|9.15 am - 10.15 am||Lesson 1|
|10.15 am - 10.35 am||Break|
|10.35 am - 11.35 am||Lesson 2|
|11.35 am - 12.35 pm||Lesson 3|
|12.35 pm - 1.35 pm||Lunch|
|1.35 pm - 2.35 pm||Lesson 4|
|2.35 pm - 3.35 pm||Lesson 5|
Daily Student Logistics
|Year Group||Arrival Gate & Time||Departure Gate & Time|
|Year 11||From 08.30 North Playground gate||15.30 North Playground gate (Friday)
L6 16.35 - 16.45 Piazza (dates tbc)
|Year 10||From 08.30 Top of Field||15.35 Top of Field|
|Year 9||From 08.30 Piazza||15.35 Piazza|
|Year 8||From 08.30 Piazza||15.35 Piazza|
|Year 7||From 08.30 Piazza||15.35 Piazza|
End of the School Day
Students are expected to leave the premises quickly and sensibly and are supervised by members of staff who are at the various departure points. Parents/Carers who meet their daughters are asked to not congregate around any of our exit gates and to maintain a reasonable distance from one another. Parents/Carers who meet their daughters are asked to take particular care if they come by car. The school grounds are not open to parents/carers for waiting or parking as they are not big enough and parking is not allowed immediately outside the school gates. We would ask parents not to park on the double yellow lines as this causes great disruption to the flow of traffic in Plashet Grove and is in direct contravention of the law.
School Direct Vacancies 2022-23
Plashet School has a successful training partnership with Partnership London SCITT. PLS is a partnership between two existing teaching school alliances (Partnership Learning Teaching School Alliance & East London Teaching School Alliance).
In choosing to train at Plashet, you will be trained by outstanding practising teachers in a highly academic school environment.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girls’ school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results rated Outstanding by Ofsted since 1999.
- Highly-motivated and well-behaved students; supportive parents; excellent teaching; and a caring school ethos that embraces the cultural, religious and ethnic diversity of its students.
- An Outstanding Initial Teacher Training programme including a dedicated team of highly qualified Specialist Leaders in Education and Lead Subject Practitioners.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, our learning as our students.
In 2008, after an outstanding Ofsted report, we were subsequently part of an Ofsted research report, “Twelve Outstanding Schools: Excelling Against the Odds.” Needless to say, the school is highly regarded by the local community and heavily over-subscribed.
In partnership with PLS, our school-centred course will give you the best foundations for learning in an outstanding school: the theory, the practice, the professional development and an extended placement with colleagues who have the knowledge & skills to support you in becoming a successful teacher.